I'm ONE!!!!


What a fun first birthday - day - Kate had. I took the day off and my parents happened to be here also. We had a fun morning with lots of hugs and kisses. Actually it was hilarious...I was downstairs with KAte in the morning and when my mom came down our stairs - kate ran back and forth on the couch and screamed with excitement!!! It was so cute. We went shopping and had a great day. That night Corey got home from work early and the three of us played outside. We had dinner and then the birhtday girl got another chance to smear cake all over! She did well again - as you will see in the attached video!

So she is REALLY walking now...ok still a few falls, but wow! I am amazed. And the last few night she hasn't wanted to go to bed! It's starting. And it is so funny - she gets just mad when she has to stop playing with her toys.

Tonight was great - Kate was playing peek-a-boo over the internet with her cousin Jack in Tokyo. They were both having a great time. THANK GOODNESS FOR TECHNOLOGY!!!

A bit of a sad moment for me thinking a year has passed. It just goes so fast and NOW I get that.
What else is new: Typically at night she is sleeping pretty good. She wakes up a once or twice and when we go in to her room she is standing up crying - it is cute. All it takes is a hug, pacifier, lay her down - zonked. Kate has started to drink cows milk. She seems to do just fine with it. Tomorrow we will turn her car seat around - she will love it! Not sure if I said this already but when you hold her she plays with your hair - love it!

That seems to be about it for now.
Lator gators


walking with mommy





loungin'


i love my sunglasses


my new "rocket"




Getting the mail with daddy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a little fashion'ista, love the "looks". Can't wait to hug her and for all of us to give her raspberries on that belly!

Anonymous said...

I just checked the site as I realized Ms. Kate's 1st birthday had passed. She is too darn cute and you do such a great job with photos and videos. I have to say that I'm partial to the cowgirl hat photos, but she looks great in all of them. What a great story for her to read someday. It was funny to read that "Now you get it"...I'm freaking out a little because Owen turns 6 this Saturday. Where did the time go?! Well, congratulations on making it through the first year of parenthood, I wish you joy (and luck) in the coming years:) Remind me to tell you about our ER trip on Monday and getting the rock out of Lilly's nose...good time, good times! Happy Belated Mother's Day too!

Love,
Joyce