Katherine Marie Christiansen


Our baby girl has arrived and everything is going great!

Here are the details:

Katherine (Kate) Marie Christiansen

April 30, 2007 @ 5:23

7 lbs 9 oz

19.5 inches long

It was a wonderful day. I was induced at about 9 am and from there things went very smoothly. Yes, if you are wondering, I got an epidural. What a wonderful thing!!! Kate was a trooper. She arrived with a little cry and has been a super little girl every since! Can you tell how proud I am :) Our families and some friends visited on Monday night and Tuesday, which was wonderful.
Yesterday, May 2nd, Kate's doctor and my doctor checked us out of the hospital and we were home about 1 pm. Rua, our dog, was very excited to see us. She is getting used to Kate, but I can tell she is a bit confused.

So now our life begins with our Kate. It is such a wonderful gift to have her here with us and we are trying to treasure each and every moment! I am not sure I have ever experienced so much joy!

Take care all and I will try to keep Kate's Blog updated weekly.
Kate at about 3 minutes old!

Jeanne and Kate - 10 minutes old

Kate's first bath


Our sweet little girl

Corey and Kate

My first ride in the car


The Christiansen Family - heading home from the hospital.

Sisters - Rua and Kate















11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Jeannie, she sure is a beauty!!! Yes I agree, "there is no better joy" ...Perfect joy... Take care of yourself and enjoy the cuddlie hugs, gaze into your eye's, warm smiles, tender touch, "occassional screams"... they grow fast so enjoy every moment. Hope to see the cutie soon. Nice name choice too!

Cassy

Sarah E Olson said...

She's so beautiful! Congratulations!

Sarah & Jess

Anonymous said...

Hi Jeanne - My congratulations to you and Corey. Kate is just a sweety pie. Yes, there is no purer joy than giving birth to a healthy baby. I'm very happy for you!

Enjoy!
Sandy

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing the pictures of baby Kate - this way I can look at her whenever I want! You guys are so blessed, and Kate hit the jackpot with you both! Can't wait to hold her again-
Love you three!
Strohs

Katherine Russell said...

Congratulations to you both - your little bundle of joy is beautiful. Take very good care of yourselves. Lots of love and best wishes.

Katherine & Rusty

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, so good to FINALLY have Kate here. Yes, it is an unexplained feeling, different than being an Aunty! Great job over the past few days, keep it up you little family of 3, or is it 4 with "sister Rua"???

Love, Aunty Louie, Uncle James, Thomas, Samuel and Jack

Debbie said...

Hi Jeanne & Corey and congratulations!! Kate is just beautiful and we're so glad to hear things went smoothly for you. We wish you every happiness with your special little girl.

Debs & Jon xxx

Anonymous said...

Awe!! That pic with Rua is soo cute! What a little bundle- Rua looks so proud!
Love you guys :)
Steph

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Jeanne and Cory! I am so happy for you both :) She is beautiful and she is so lucky because she has awesome parents!
This is such a wonderful time for you both and again I am so excited for you.
P.S.: I have to get her Yankees gear to her ;) She looks just like a "perfect little Yankee fan" :)

Larry B.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your beautiful daughter! I am so happy for all of you. What a beautiful family.

Cyndi Dorsey

Unknown said...

Congratulations Jeannie & Corey..
Kate's Just perfect Beauty. Joy to see family with Rua completing the picture.

Love
Rita, Akshay, Malini and Raj
xxxx