Wow! I can’t believe I haven’t posted since Memorial Day weekend…well maybe I can believe it!
Loads has went on this summer…let me try to summarize so far!!!
First and foremost the Quinnilds arrived from Tokyo! YEAH!!! And Kate definitely has a best buddy. Her and Jack are really having a blast together. Last night we went out to dinner with the Q’s before they headed to the lake and Kate was crying when she didn’t get to go with them. She said in the car “Kate miss Jack” … my tears started flowing! Oh I dread August 17th. Ok, so fun stuff…
June was playing, playing and playing. Really just spending as much time in the evenings and on the weekends with Louie and the boys. We were also at Mitchell and Zachary’s baseball games. Of course we hit the Rockin Rogers carnival. There are pictures of Kate and Jack riding together. June was nice as it was fairly hot…not like July!
July has mostly been spent at the lake for Kate and I. I was on vacation from July 2-12 and then had a work event up north also. I just got back on the 16th…so YES…I WAS LUCKY!!! At the lake for 2 weeks in the summer…how do you beat that. Kate loved it too. Basically we were outside from 8 until 8 J SHE LOVED IT!!! The boys were super. They helped out a ton…playing with Kate. They must have rode trikes 3 hours each day. Kate would just belly laugh…Thomas and Samuel pushed her and Jack in the strollers and also the wagon. Lots of playing. Of course there were boat rides, 4-wheeler rides, jeep rides, and bike rides. All fun. Kate wasn’t a huge fan of swimming in the lake, but we put the pool up and she loved that. She is actually a huge fan of boat rides. We would go in the big and little boat…”Mommy, boat ride?” I never passed it up. Love giving her rides. Of course we were in town a few times shopping, and Louie and I brought Thomas and Samuel to Pirates Cove mini-golf and we drove the go-carts. It was so darn fun. Grandma took care of Jack and Kate…guessing they had a few cookies!
We also went to the 4th of July parade, Paul Bunyan Land, and the Race for the Cure. Kate had a blast at the parade this year. Once she saw how her cousins went after the candy .. She was all about it! Her and Jack did really well and we got plenty of candy! Sure was fun to bring her to Paul Bunyan…as I loved it as a kid too. She rode many rides, ate a great lunch, and of course got ice cream. She didn’t get to do a few of the rides Jack did as she is quite a bit shorter and of course I was limited on rides as a 4 month pregnant woman is not suppose to ride (louie reminded me after I got one ride in on the swings!). We also walked in the Race for the Cure in Brainerd. It was Louie and the boys, Kate and I, and my mom and dad. The kids did a race at the end also. The event is always inspiring and humbling.
Kate is really speaking a bunch now. Still understand about half, but there are loads of words and sentences. She still loves Dora and Nai Hao Kai-lan for cartoons. She is getting close to potty training. She has went potty in the mornings a couple times and has told us she has to go potty, also she doesn’t like wearing a diaper anymore. Soon, soon, soon.
All in all we have had a super summer and there is so much more to come (if it would only get out of the50/60‘s!)! In August I have a week off and we (Jones clan) are all going to a resort up north. Should be fun.
This weekend is a relaxing and rejuvenating one. We are hanging low and tomorrow will go see Kate’s new cousin, Romy. Will be interesting to see how/what she thinks of the baby.
Until next time!

All lined up and ready to race
1 comments:
Cute, cute, cute! Looks like a GREAT summer so far! Kate is so darn cute! Hope you are all doing great.
Post a Comment