We had a wonderful weekend at the lake! The weather was really nice...not to hot. Actually we mostly wore long sleeves and sweats, but it was great - sun was shining! Kate of course had a blast. Friday night Kate and I brought the Stroh kids up. I think Kate laughed the entire hour and a half ride! Saturday and Sunday we hung out, ate lots of great food, played outside, and the older boys fished, fished, fished! On Monday, Memorial Day, we went in to town and watched my Dad march in the parade. The pic above he is the third from the left. We were all VERY VERY proud. We then went down to the Memorial Day service.
That afternoon everyone headed home except Kate and I. I was lucky enough to have Tuesday off...so today we did the Nisswa thing! Love doing that...and Kate is quite the shopping trooper. We had a super weekend! Loads of family time. The best for me was for 4 mornings I got to cuddle with Kate (and two we got to cuddle with Grams too). She is the best dang cuddler in the mornings. I will miss that tomorrow.
Again, it really seemed like this weekend her speech has taken off. Her words are getting clearer and more together...common phrases: "Mommy hold Kate", "Love you too", "Go Grandma house", "Papa play Kate", "opey door please (this is to open anything)", "no bath and nigh night", "Kate eat please"..oh yes...and in the car yesterday "Oh yeah baby" - Gotta love it!
Not much has been going on this March. The weather is spotty and we have been hanging at home. The countdown is on for the Quinnild arrival - 17 sleeps!!!!!
Take care...safe summers to everyone!
0 comments:
Post a Comment