So this is not a Kate update!
I was recently in Tokyo (and Korea) for work. I had the opportunity to spend 8 sleeps with the Quinnilds! What a super time I had. YES-of course I missed my babes-Kate. It was hard to be away from her, but was so incredibly good to see the Q's. We did lots of things...
I arrived Friday night to some boys taking a bath. (I got in early and they were in the bath so they coupld be all ready for my arrival!) At first the boys were a little taken back...they just starred at me... then I got some wet hugs! Loved it! The next day we went and toured Tokyo a bit...went to a few different areas, shopped, and had dinner. Stephs blog shows pics of that (http://web.mac.com/stephnpica) too. Actually she has updated her blog with our ski wkd too. Take a look. So Sat night Stephanie, James and I went out for an awesome Japenese meal (about 20 courses!). It was nice to be able to chat. They have a lady watch the boys on Saturday nights so they can go out with friends or just the two of them. We also shopped a bit - toys for Kate and some dishes for me! Sunday we went to the Tokyo American Club - a nice little bit of home in the heart of Tokyo. This is a place that many expats belong to and there is stuff for adults and kids to do. ...then I was off to work for a few days... (Seoul was very cool-I will talk more about that at a different time).
The next weekend we went about a 1.5 hours north of Tokyo. It was so fun. The boys learned to ski, James and I took turns hanging out with Jack and Steph skiied. I was gutted that I couldn't ski, but the knee doc told me not yet! We took a high speed train that the boys thought was so cool! They were so cute on the train - watching movies on their iPods! cute! And Jack was so good-just hung out. We stayed there one night and then were back to Tokyo. Saturday night we just hung out at home. Sunday was the day I was suppose to leave for Singapore-BUT-the wind was sooooo crazy that the flight got delayed until Monday morning, which made my business trip really not valuable (as I was only to be there Mon/Tues) so I got to stay with the Q's a couple more nights (I was able to call in from Stephanies house for my business calls). So Sunday night we wipped it up...out for Mexican and then ice cream, balloons for the boys and James bought Stephanie some beautiful flowers. Back to their palce to watch a movie and eat our ice cream. Monday I got to walk the boys to school (Samuel didn't get to stay as he had strep) and I worked then we had a super good dinner made by Chef Steph :) Tuesday again I got to walk the boys to school and then headed out of Tokyo and back home to my Kate and Corey.
I did have such an enjoyable time with the Q's. They have a wonderful home, great friends, great school, and great neighborhood (plus they get to watch tivo'd shows!). I loved rotating my nights sleeping with Thomas and Samuel, all the kisses from Thomas and Samuel, Jack's hugs, Stephanies amazing cooking, and James bringing us Starbucks every morning!
Until next time...
I was recently in Tokyo (and Korea) for work. I had the opportunity to spend 8 sleeps with the Quinnilds! What a super time I had. YES-of course I missed my babes-Kate. It was hard to be away from her, but was so incredibly good to see the Q's. We did lots of things...
I arrived Friday night to some boys taking a bath. (I got in early and they were in the bath so they coupld be all ready for my arrival!) At first the boys were a little taken back...they just starred at me... then I got some wet hugs! Loved it! The next day we went and toured Tokyo a bit...went to a few different areas, shopped, and had dinner. Stephs blog shows pics of that (http://web.mac.com/stephnpica) too. Actually she has updated her blog with our ski wkd too. Take a look. So Sat night Stephanie, James and I went out for an awesome Japenese meal (about 20 courses!). It was nice to be able to chat. They have a lady watch the boys on Saturday nights so they can go out with friends or just the two of them. We also shopped a bit - toys for Kate and some dishes for me! Sunday we went to the Tokyo American Club - a nice little bit of home in the heart of Tokyo. This is a place that many expats belong to and there is stuff for adults and kids to do. ...then I was off to work for a few days... (Seoul was very cool-I will talk more about that at a different time).
The next weekend we went about a 1.5 hours north of Tokyo. It was so fun. The boys learned to ski, James and I took turns hanging out with Jack and Steph skiied. I was gutted that I couldn't ski, but the knee doc told me not yet! We took a high speed train that the boys thought was so cool! They were so cute on the train - watching movies on their iPods! cute! And Jack was so good-just hung out. We stayed there one night and then were back to Tokyo. Saturday night we just hung out at home. Sunday was the day I was suppose to leave for Singapore-BUT-the wind was sooooo crazy that the flight got delayed until Monday morning, which made my business trip really not valuable (as I was only to be there Mon/Tues) so I got to stay with the Q's a couple more nights (I was able to call in from Stephanies house for my business calls). So Sunday night we wipped it up...out for Mexican and then ice cream, balloons for the boys and James bought Stephanie some beautiful flowers. Back to their palce to watch a movie and eat our ice cream. Monday I got to walk the boys to school (Samuel didn't get to stay as he had strep) and I worked then we had a super good dinner made by Chef Steph :) Tuesday again I got to walk the boys to school and then headed out of Tokyo and back home to my Kate and Corey.
I did have such an enjoyable time with the Q's. They have a wonderful home, great friends, great school, and great neighborhood (plus they get to watch tivo'd shows!). I loved rotating my nights sleeping with Thomas and Samuel, all the kisses from Thomas and Samuel, Jack's hugs, Stephanies amazing cooking, and James bringing us Starbucks every morning!
Until next time...
A couple videos:
1 comments:
We too had a great time with you. Thanks for posting the videos, we have watched them a lot already. You know how 4 year olds LOVE to watch themselves... Glad that you're home with your family again. See you soon.
Love the Q's
Post a Comment