Back at it

2 weeks since the last post! Guess I don't have as much time now that I have started working again!!!

The last couple weeks went great. I was back at work a few days here and there. My mom and mother-in-law took care of Kate. It worked out super. I had no worries in the morning when I left. My first full days back were last week and my mom had Kate at our house. Kate and my mom did wonderful. The first day Kate's cousin Jack visited for the day. Fun fun fun...(well ask my mom - ha!)

This past weekend (thurs-sun) Kate and I were at the lake. It was cold and rainy up there. Kinda a bummer to end my maternity leave on a cold weekend, but I sure had a hot warm beautiful summer. So I guess I can't complain!

Today was a hard day for me and Corey. Today was Kate's first day at her daycare. Last night the plan was for Corey and I to drop Kate off together, then this morning plans changed. I was feeding Kate and I just got real sad - not because I was worried daycare was going to be a bad place or something (I am actually VERY comfortable with the ladies and very happy with the place we selected) I was just sad that Kate had to go to daycare and I wouldn't be taking care of her during the day. I have heard from many moms that this is a hard day/week. I get it now...another one of those things that I guess I needed to experience to see how I would react. I was quite surprised I was so sad. So anyways...I got Kate all ready this morning with her items for daycare and Corey took her there and I drove to work with a box of Kleenex. He called me after he dropped her off and said Kate was just fine and the ladies were great. I called the daycare about 10 to see how Kate was doing - they were honest (which I love) - she has had a bit of a hard morning but she is happy now playing in a swing. After this call I felt better and happy (yet I got teared up again). So at 11:30 I took off for the day (this was planned) and went to get my baby girl. I hugged her tight and kissssssssssssssssssssed her a bunch. She hadn't slept or ate much at daycare today so when we got home she ate and we cuddled up on my bed with some blankets and took a nap together. It was WONDERFUL!!! I slept for 30 mins and Kate slept for 3 hours! (I missed her after an 2 hours so I went back and cuddled her again and fell back asleep.)

So now I need to prepare for Day 2 of daycare. I can only hope it gets better each day or I will buy some stock in Kleenex!

0 comments: