We're back!!!

Our trip to Japan and China

Ok, sorry for the LONG delay. We have been a bit busy! Corey and I spent 10 days in Japan and China with my sister and her family. It was absolutely amazing.

We were in Japan about 5 of the days. We went to a Rugby game, Corey went to a hockey game, I shopped quite a bit with Louie, saw the view of Tokyo from the Morri Tower (WOW!)-we could see Mt. Fuji, we got to go skating with the boys and bring them to school, steph/james/corey and I took a day trip to Kamakura. Just a super nice time! We also ate very good food!!!

Then we went to Beijing for 5 days...wow. A place I NEVER thought I would go in my life and I feel very lucky that we were able to. The history is amazing. We did all the sites: Great Wall (ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!), Tienanmen square, The forbidden city, Summer Palace, Olympic venues - Birds Nest and the Water cube, Temple of Heaven, Beijing Zoo (lots of Pandas), and going thru the Hutongs (traditional villages) on a rickshaw. It was action packed and we loved every moment of it! Steph's boys (twins are 5, and Jack is 2) did AWESOME!!! They were good little guys. Of course we also had Peking Duck and got to swim at the hotel :) There were a few cultural differences with the way people interact, but the city is very modern. Oh yeah...we also shopped the 6 layer floor with basically all counterfeit stuff! Bargain bargain bargain...just fun to see.

Kate had a fabulous time also. She stayed with Corey's parents for a few days and with my parents. And of course there are changes...that is in the next post :)

For now, I just wanted to get some of our info up about our trip. Thanks to the Q's for everything, to our parents and sisters for helping out with Kate. It made it very enjoyable to know she was WELL taken care of! Thanks!


Merry Christmas.


(Pictures are in reverse order of the trip)


Corey playing the Wii with the boys



Waiting at the Beijong airport, heading back to Tokyo

Buying toys in Beijing



Rickshaw ride


A fun picture at lunch




Samuel taking a picture at lunch



Forbidden City



Mao picture at Tienanmen Square/Forbidden City




Standing in Tienanmen Square



Our dinner "room" for Peking Duck



Olympic Village


The Water Cube


Running around in the Birds Nest


Olympic Masots inside the Birds Nest



Outside the birds nest


At the top of the Summer Palace



The Summer Palace


The new way to travel - watching iPods.


Great Wall of China








Shibuya shopping area in Tokyo


Taking a break while skating


Skating in Tokyo


View of Tokyo - Tokyo tower in red


Corey and Jack



Stephanie and me in Kamakura at the Big Budda



Crazy boys!!!


Train in Kamakura


Jack and me...notice his shirt :) Wonder who bought that???


2 comments:

Rickie said...

AWESOME pics!!! Everyone looks fab and the sights are incredible!!!

Strohs said...

Wow. Trip of a lifetime. I'm jealous. The photos are breathtaking.