Jennifer Ann
6 lbs 14 oz
20 3/4 inches
6:21 pm - 12/8/09
6:21 pm - 12/8/09
Minutes old!
Tuesday, the 8th, we welcomed Jennifer into our family. I was induced about 9 am, epidural about 2:30, and started pushing at 6:18...3 minutes later...Jennifer popped out (as Kate would say) with a nice load cry immediately. I couldn't have asked for a smoother delivery.
My parents and sister came to the hospital on Tuesday night. There was quite a snowstorm, so Kate didn't come. She was at home with Corey's parents and it was best to stay off the roads with a little one. So Jennifer arrived with the first big snowstorm of the season.
Our hospital stay was very nice. North Memorial was a great hospital. On Wednesday we had some visitors. Of course the most important was the arrival of the big sister. It is crazy how excited I was for Kate to meet Jennifer. When Kate walked into the room, she was very quiet and asked to see baby Jennifer. Immediately she hoped up on the bed and was holding her. She couldn't even wait to take off her coat. She was so proud and excited! She wanted to kiss her a lot and just be around her. Of course Jennifer had a gift for Kate so she was also excited to play with that! So Corey's parents brought Kate and then my parents arrived a short time later. Kate went home with them, but she was ok with it as she knew she was going to get to see the big fish and animals at Cabellas..a big seller for her!
That evening my friend Jennifer stopped over. Great to have some company at the hospital as we were a bit bored...I know, enjoy the time, but I was ready to go home on Wednesday.
Thursday Jennifer and I both got the ok to go home from our doctors and we arrived to a warm welcome about noon. (Jennifer's discharge weight was 6 lbs 7 oz and at the dr appt Friday she was 6 lbs 8 oz (so she is growing!)). Kate was VERY excited we were home. She had Jennifer's chair all ready! So cute. My mom had a nice hot lunch made for us and we were just glad to be at home with our girls. In the evening, as Kate was getting ready for bed, she asked to have a family kiss (this is something we have always done). She wanted to include Jennifer in this ritual, so we all kissed Jennifer's head and we all smiled with joy!
This rest of the week and weekend has been wonderful. Our nieces and nephews have been over to meet Jennifer and we have had a few friends stop by. Nice and relaxing. The only kids allowed at the hospital were s"healthy siblings" due to the H1N1 virus.
Jennifer is doing very well at home. Last night she slept for 5 hours - I had to wake her up to eat! She is eating and sleeping really good. Today she was awake for about 30 minutes. Quite a stretch for a 4 day old! We gave her the first at home bath today. She of course wasn't a fan, but smells awesome...gotta love the baby smell!
Kate is also doing well being a big sister. She is a really good helper. She gets diapers, wipes, and even helps change wet diapers (not the poopie ones!). When Jennifer cries, she goes right over to her and tells her "It's ok" and kisses her head. Today I for Kate's nap I was cuddling with her and Jennifer. Instead of Kate playing with my hair, she was playing with Jennifer's. So stinkin cute. So yes, we are proud of how she is doing...believe me the 2 year old stuff is still there!
Life couldn't be better. I remember when Kate was born I said I have never experienced such joy. This time I would definitely say that again, plus more! It may be much more low key this time, but I look at Jennifer and have a feeling that is unconditional love. When I see Kate holding Jennifer, I feel so incredibly happy and lucky. I am in love with my girls. They are our darlings!
Christiansen gang
1 comments:
Hi Jeanne! Congrats on the new baby! Your girls are adorable! Is it ok to share Jennifer's birth information and pic with work people (TGRC) ?
Post a Comment